Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Know your Purpose

I have been in City Harvest for 14 years and in Children's Church for 12 years. What happened to me for 2 years?? Ha! I didn't BS lah, I went NS.. Had cell group yesterday and we were all talking about the years that we have been in City Harvest! 1st: Michael, 15years, 2nd: ME!! 14 years and 3rd: Lena and Esther, 12 years. Time really flies and you can never catch it back. 
However, it is just amazing how we stayed on and grow together with City Harvest. People came and people left. It has been an amazing 14 years journey. So where do i go from now?? Last week and yesterday was like a reminder, a wake up call for me. 
I need to go back to my first love, the reason why I am here and why I am doing what I am doing. Is it for me to gain fame and recognition?? Is it that I have earn big bucks from what I am doing?? Yes, I am quite famous in Children's Church among the children. Haha. I also don't deny the fact that I do earn from what I am doing..... but it is the purpose and the commitments and the passion that I need to remember and continue in this journey. My journey has not ended and I am still moving on. However, am i moving on a straight line or on a progressive slope?? I believe I got to constantly ask myself this. 
Be dissatisfied with where you are now. Be in the thinking and asking. Be in the knowing. Be willing to sacrifice and go the extra mile. Inconvenience yourself for the sake of others. Be teachable, be humble. For UNITY sake, accept those who are different from you and love them!! Haha. These are just some of the things that we need to do so that we can see growth!! Amazing!! If I remember more, I will include them in. :)
God I want to know you more!

No comments: